Before Lap-Band Surgery Denver
During the weeks before your LAP-BAND® procedure, you should be preparing yourself mentally and physically for the changes your body will be undergoing. Before Dr. Weaver performs the procedure, there are steps you can take to get ready for life with a LAP-BAND.®
Use this checklist as a guide to help you get ready for the big day.
- Initial Consultation: Following your initial consultation, we will schedule your pre-operative history and physical examination. Dr. Weaver will go over all of the intructions for your surgery and answer any questions you have.
- Nutritionist Consultation: You will have a consultation with a PhD Nutritionist. She will go over the pre-operative diet and recommendations following surgery.
- Pre-operative Diet: 100% protein, 0% carbohydrates. The pre-operative diet will begin 14 days before your surgery. You need to avoid bread, rice, cakes, cookies, pasta, potatoes, and anything with white flour (pretzels, tacos, cupcakes, etc.).
- Payment: At Western Surgical Bariatric Center, payment is requested a minimum of 14 days prior to surgery.
- Prescriptions: Be sure to fill your post-op prescriptions before surgery — Dr. Weaver will give you your prescriptions during the pre-op appointment.
- Post-Operative Diet: Purchase items you need to have during your clear and full liquid phase of the diet. (Dr. Weaver recommends room temperature and cold liquids for one week following surgery.)
- Post-Operative Appointment: A post-op appointment will be scheduled 7 days following your surgery. If you are an out-of state patient this appointment will be arranged prior to departure. Following your post-op appointment, we will schedule your first fill appointment 4 weeks following surgery.
- Ride Home: You must have someone drive you home after the surgery and stay with you for 24 hours following the surgery.
Get more in-depth information about the changes you’ll need to make to set you up for a successful LAP-BAND® experience. Please contact Dr. John Weaver for a one-on-one weight loss surgery consultation.